One Mom, Infinite Possibilites

Friday, March 21, 2014

"My Messy Beautiful" Essay Submission Coming Soon!


Readers!  I took a leap of faith a week or so ago and signed up to be part of a "challenge" put out there by my favorite, famous, fellow-mommy blogger, Glennon Doyle Melton.  She blogs via Momastery  and is the author of  "Carry On Warrior."  If you don't already follow this blog, please do!  She's an amazing writer and her authenticity is striking.  I have been validated over and over again by her honest experiences beginning with my favorite article of hers:  "Quit Pointing Your Avocado At Me!"
It was the first article of hers that I had ever read and I read it repeatedly to laugh and remind myself that I'm not alone in this motherhood thing.  Her writing has been a real source of inspiration for me in my motherhood and, more specifically, in my new commitment to blogging about my personal journey in parenting.  

So, today I received an email back from the Momastery organization with instructions to submit my own "My Messy Beautiful" essay.  From there it will be made available for a wider reading audience via Momastery and the top five will be featured by Glennon herself through her blog!  I am so excited to participate in this!  Be on the lookout for my submission and please throw a prayer up for me!  I'm still pondering what to focus on and how to write it but I need to do this.  It'll be the first step I've taken in quite some time down the road of actually believing in myself once again.  I have no expectation of being one of the top five chosen but to even submit, beyond my small, personal audience that I currently have, a story so personal will be a humongous step for me!

I think "Mommy In Me" will be starting a twitter account and a Pinterest board of its' own in the coming weeks as well, to help get the word out.  Be on the look out friends and, as always, thank you SO MUCH for reading!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment